Manage Your Projects in the Same System You Manage Your Supply Chain
For many enterprises, engineer to order companies in particular, successful project management relies heavily upon the maintenance of the supply chain, because essential to project success is the timely, accurate, and efficient delivery of materials, supplies, equipment, and manpower.
Changes in material supply, product orders, customer forecasts, or staffing resources can have a significant impact on project schedules in terms of having to accelerate or delay project delivery. Often, these supply and demand changes take too long to show up in project management schedules, resulting in missed milestones, "throw away" work, penalties, and cost overruns.
Enterprises need a single management system that breaks down the silos between human resource management, supply chain management, demand planning, cash management, and project management to ensure that physical and human resource utilization is maximized.
A control tower solution using RapidResponse® can provide project management teams with resources to manage expectations and keep projects on track despite ever-changing demand and supply variables.
Specific project management resources include:
- Multi-scenario gantt charts with summary-level durations, slack time, and comparisons to plan, with milestones directly linked to implications on revenue and costs
- Material– and non-material-related tasks directly tied to capable-to-promise processes and analytics, therefore automatically uncovering and accommodating resource constraints
- Tasks linked to formal work breakdown structures to enable understanding of the supply chain drivers and implications on projects
- Visibility into cost details for material or non-material-related activities for a summarized view of total project costs, which then supports project profitability modeling
- Project management "what-if" scenario capabilities that link the supply chain analytics to project schedule projections, enabling companies to quickly assess the implications of potential material or non-material-related task delays or accelerations
By incorporating project management as part of their RapidResponse control tower solution, customers can expect to achieve:
- Fewer missed project milestones
- Less financial penalties
- Decreased time to revenue recognition
- Improved cash utilization
- Optimized deployment of staffing resources (avoiding either "time on the bench" or paying overtime)
- Alignment between all stakeholders; Project Office, Supply Chain Operations, Finance, and your customers.
A control tower solution with RapidResponse eliminates the divide between siloed functions with a single application platform that truly delivers on the promise of integrating information, capabilities, and people for holistic coordination of an enterprise's operations.
Learn more about the technology behind RapidResponse.