The Beauty of RapidResponse
The data visualization technology within RapidResponse® offers a superior means for monitoring operations performance, identifying problem areas and investigating root causes.
While the in-memory database and analytics engine are the brains behind RapidResponse, the configurable dashboard is its face to the user. Beauty, brains, and brawn—what a combination!
What it is:
Configurable dashboards enable you to understand the state of business operations at a glance and monitor performance from a user-defined perspective.
How it works:
- A dashboard displays data and charts in components called widgets, which are assembled in a role-based control panel view, displaying metrics related to your role and function.
- The dashboard charts represent summarized views of data, from which you can drill down to details to investigate the root cause of identified problem areas.
- The jewel of the data visualization package is a powerful treemap chart. Treemaps are charts in which hierarchical data is presented as a series of tiled rectangles, allowing you to interpret large sets of data in one compact view to quickly recognize patterns and outliers in your data that might otherwise be difficult to detect.
How it's different:
While very consistent with the look and feel of a BI-type dashboard, RapidResponse's visualization technology distinguishes itself on a number of fronts:
- The charts within the dashboard represent forward looking simulation and projections. They can be applied to visualize the results of multiple "what-if" scenario results.
- The charts are tied directly to the associated data in the active workbooks, so you can easily move from the dashboard to a related worksheet to understand the details of an issue.
- The charts always have relevant business context, as they are created from the underlying business model and not modeled by someone in IT who may or may not understand the business situation.
- You can create their own dashboard views, meaning there is no custom or IT work required to set up or change control panel views.
Why it's important:
- Enables you to quickly understand trends and identify problem areas.
- Provides a clear and direct way to get to the information you need.
- Reduces the time to detect a plan deviation, and initiates the process for course correction.